News · Published 15 October 2018
The Brenthurst Foundation is again accepting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Programme, named in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife, Graça Machel. Entry into the Programme is a highly competitive, with the overall aim being to help nurture Africa’s future leaders.
Details: The Fellowship runs full-time for a minimum of six months and is open to both South African and international candidates, with the selected candidate expected to take up the appointment at the Foundation’s headquarters in Johannesburg in April 2019. Fellows will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
An all-inclusive monthly stipend and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided.
- Under 30 years of age
- Undergraduate or Masters degree with track record of academic excellence
- Excellent English communication skills required, with copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- Enthusiastic and reliable self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- A passion for Africa and keen interest in strengthening Africa's economic performance
- Familiarity with the work of The Brenthurst Foundation
Like this? Subscribe for free to receive the latest.
Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘Application: Machel-Mandela Fellow’ in the subject line.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references
- A covering letter of no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and relevant skills
- A writing sample, for example an essay or a published article of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start
- Details of where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is 30 November 2018. Owing to the large volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 30 January 2019, please assume your application to be unsuccessful.