The Brenthurst Foundation offers the Machel-Mandela Internship Programme for young graduates, named in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
The Machel-Mandela Internship programme aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa. It helps sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s burgeoning youth population and to nurture future leaders.
The internship will be available full-time for a minimum of six months. The internship is open to Africans and non-Africans. The successful candidate will be based at the Brenthurst Foundation’s headquarters in Parktown, Johannesburg. The Intern will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
An all-inclusive stipend per month will be provided. Other work–related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
• Under 30 years of age
• An Undergraduate or Masters level degree
• Excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages an asset
• Excellent communication skills
• Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
• Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
• Fluency in all basic IT skills
• Copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
• A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa's economic performance
• Broad knowledge of African politics and economics
• Familiarity with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation (please consult the website: www.thebrenthurstfoundation.org).
Please return to the Foundation's website as well as its social networking sites in early 2013 for details of the new application window. We are currently not accepting applications.